28th SGIFF: Panel Discussion | Producing Stories in Southeast Asia
The inaugural Southeast Asian Producers Network aims to bring together producers from the region to share their wealth of knowledge and information with one another in an open exchange of ideas. In this open dialogue session, we look at case studies of successful cross-country collaborations, examining, understanding, and questioning filmmaking models in different territories, as well as explore other ample networking opportunities in the future.
Part 1, 3 pm – 4 pm
Three regional commissioning networks talk about their previous works in Southeast Asia and the type of content they are looking to make – from narrative films to documentaries spanning variousdurations and genres.
Najwa Abu Bakar (Vice President, Astro Shaw Sdn Bhd)
Garon De Silva (Director of Original Productions, HBO Asia)
Daphne Yang (Executive Director, CatchPlay)
Moderator: Bianca Balbuena (producer, Philippines)
Part 2, 4.15pm - 5.15pm
Case study of Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts. The director and producer team of Mouly Surya and Rama Adi share their fund-raising process and timeline of events from conception to its world premiere and its current state, where they will elaborate on the film markets and festivals attended - concretely how useful each was, and a discussion of the collaboration process with commissioners and financiers and what the different deals entailed.
Mouly Surya (director, Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts)
Rama Adi (producer, Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts)
Moderator: Anderson Le (Programming Director, Hawaii International Film Festival)
Official Website: sgiff.com
- A fully refundable fee of $5 is charged for each ticket booking.
- On the event, simply present the e-ticket at the Front-of-House desk. The refund will be processed electronically via Peatix. Otherwise, the ticket will be forfeited.
- Registration closes 26th November 2017, 2pm. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time.
- Should the refund be done before the credit cardcut-off date, no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund appear separately on the credit card statement.
- Should the refund be done after the credit card cut-off date, Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
- Peatix accepts VISA, Master, Paypal and AMEX.
Full Offscreen Events: sgiff2017.peatix.com
Enquiries: +65 6509 4749 / email@example.com
3:00 PM - 5:20 PM SGT
- *SCAPE Gallery
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- 2 Orchard Link, 237978 Singapore